Are you passionate about food preparation and presentation? Is working in a Two AA-Rosette Kitchen appealing? This could be the job for you.
As a commis chef, you would take part in all operations within the kitchen environment. A normal day in the kitchen includes preparing food for both private functions and service; and serving your hard work in our very popular restaurant.
You need to show a strong interest in cooking, be able to multitask and have very strong communication skills.
The main responsibilities include:
- Preparing and cooking food in line with our exceptionally high standards
- Presenting food in a creative way, drawing attention to each part of the dish
- Monitoring food production to ensure consistent quality and portion size
- Maintaining health and safety standards and requirements in all aspects of the work undertaken
- To liaise and communicate with team members from both the kitchen and restaurant
- To maintain high standards of personal hygiene and cleanliness while wearing appropriate clothing at all times
Previous experience would be an advantage, although full training can be given to the right candidate.
Salary minimum wage, 45 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, may include some split shifts.