NEW STANDARD OF HOTEL CLEANLINESS
Pendley Manor has had a reputation for high standards of hotel cleanliness with well-established cleaning processes and training in place. In light of the current situation we have enhanced these procedures/processes with the realities of the COVID-19 pandemic at the forefront of our minds and we are taking robust measures to ensure that the wellbeing of our guests and team members is of paramount importance, to set an even higher standard of cleanliness.
We are passionate about ensuring that the hotel standards of cleanliness do what they can to minimise the risk and enhance safety for staff and guests alike, taking additional measures to reinforce hygiene and cleaning protocols in line with World Health Organization and Public Health England guidelines, and inspired by medical practices. We are closely monitoring and following the official advice and continuously adapting to the regularly updated advice. We are ensuring all our team members have been thoroughly trained, briefed and are constantly updated on the ongoing situation. According to these standards, common areas with high traffic such as lobby, the reception desk, conference rooms, public area toilets, bar and restaurant will be sanitised more frequently using hospital-grade disinfectants and products proven to be effective against Coronavirus based on advanced medical practices. Kitchens and kitchen appliances will be sanitised following hospital protocols, always ensuring the correct disinfection and decontamination.
We have revised the hotel brand standards and listed below are a selection of the areas that we are changing for the safety of our guests:
- Guest Bedroom High-Touch, Deep Clean Areas: At Pendley Manor, we have added to our detailed cleaning practices, requiring all surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. There will be extra disinfection of the most frequently touched guests room areas – light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats. The hotel will also be placing disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use. Over the next few months, we will be introducing electrostatic sprayers that allow for touchless disinfecting capabilities. The magnetically charged droplets produced by the electrostatic sprayers seek out and coat hard to reach areas and surfaces typically missed in standard cleaning processes.
- De-clutter Paper Amenities: Pen and paper will be removed from the guest bedrooms and conference facilities. The in-room guest directories are now available on the hotels in room TV screens.
- Fitness Facilities: Enhanced cleaning regime for disinfecting the hotel Gym, all equipment and Dance Studio. This also includes closing the facility for short periods of time throughout the day to allow for additional cleaning and social distaning measures. The number of guests admitted at any one time will also be limited.
- Clean and Clean Again: Increase the frequency of cleaning public areas.
- Guest-Accessible Anti-Bacterial Gel: Provide sanitising stations at the main entrances to the property and high traffic areas, to also include sanitising wipes within the hotel lift to allow guests to wipe the elevator button before pressing.
- Check-In: Every effort is being made to ensure that the check-in process is made as safe as possible to ensure prompt arrival experience. All guest keycards are fully sanitised after every use. We also provide an express check-out to again minimise contact.
- Training and Equipment:Throughout the new cleaning process, the hotel team members will be provided with personal protective equipment including masks and gloves, and further training to protect their well-being while continuing to deliver the highest standards. We will provide sanitising stations at the main entrances and high traffic areas and will also include sanitising wipes within the hotel lift to allow guests to wipe the elevator button before pressing. In compliance with all necessary legal requirements, and to protect everyone’s health, all team members will receive constant training in health protocols and procedures. In addition, we will implement early detection protocols for Covid-19 for all our guests and team members. In case of suspected infection, the hotel will isolate the guest or team member, provide protective equipment to avoid transmitting the infection, contact local medical services and organise the transfer to a medical centre if necessary.
- Social Distancing: To allow for social distancing we have revised the layout of our Bar, Restaurant and Lounge Areas. This has resulted in reduced capacity within these areas, but does provide our customers with a more spacious environment. We will be adding partitions at front desks to provide an extra level of protection for our guests and team members.
- Food & Beverage Services: The Food & Beverage (F&B) area has also undergone a reorganisation that affects everything from logistics to preparation, delivery, consumption and payment methods. Pendley Manor will require its suppliers to have health certifications and a delivery process with strict control protocols. Furthermore, food handling standards and serving options have been updated to minimise human contact and services such as room service, a la carte or take-away will be promoted. In addition, the hotel is modifying and designing new approaches for buffets. Food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices. The hotel’s food and beverage operations are required to conduct self-inspection using its food safety standards as guidelines, and compliance is validated by independent audits. We are also enhancing sanitation guidelines and trainings for team members that include hygiene and disinfecting practices. All menus and credit card machines are sanitised after each use. Tables are sanitised after each guest visit. For events, menus and processes will be adapted as per the new guidelines.
- Water purification & air quality protocols: Surface and handling areas will be kept extremely clean and air and water purification systems will be controlled more than ever, reviewing, and reinforcing, among others, HVAC (Heat, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) protocols. We will increase the frequency of inspections, the control of water disinfection.
- City Connection advisory service: The hotel team is trained to help guest locate hospitals, medical centres and pharmacies, among others. They will also be able to recommend methods of transportation based on local sanitary criteria and regulations.
10 HIGH-TOUCH, DEEP CLEAN AREAS IN THE GUEST BEDROOM
- SWITCHES & ELECTRONIC CONTROLS: Lights, lamps, switches and electronic controls.
- HANDLES & KNOBS: Doors, closets, drawers, furniture knobs and curtain pull handles.
- MAJOR BATHROOM SURFACES: Toilet handles and seats, splash walls, shower/tub controls and sink faucets.
- CLIMATE CONTROL PANELS: All function buttons.
- TELEPHONES, REMOTE CONTROLS AND CLOCKS: Handsets, dial pads and function buttons.
- BED & BEDDING: All bed linens including duvet covers, pillowcases and sheets.
- BATHROOM AMENITIES: Individual washroom toiletries, tissue boxes, soap dishes, amenity trays and hair dryer.
- HARD SURFACES: Tables, desks and nightstands.
- WARDROBE ITEMS: Iron, safe handle and keypad.
- IN-ROOM FOOD & BEVERAGE: Cutlery, glassware, mini bars, kettle and coffee making facilities.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CLEANLINESS:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our Staff and Guests. We are working to ensure that the team meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest rooms along with common area cleaning procedures.
Guests are asked to regularly wash their hands for 20 seconds as recommended by government guidance, or use the hand sanitiser stations placed around the hotel.
For the comfort and safety of all guests and staff, please observe social distancing of one metre between people and comply with any reminders from staff to do so.
Guests are asked to not come to the hotel if they display any symptoms of Covid-19, including high temperature, persistent cough and shortness of breath.
If as a hotel resident you start to feel unwell during your time in the hotel, we would please ask you to return to your bedroom immediately, inform the hotel Duty Manager and follow government advice to gain medical assistance.
If you are non-resident and start to feel unwell, please inform a member of the team who will direct you to an area not in use by other guests and assist you in seeking medical advice and returning home. You must not remain in the hotel.