Craydawn Pendley Manor Ltd operates the Pendley Manor Hotel in Tring Hertfordshire. We are committed to ensuring that we are a “socially responsible” company and take our commitment to the environment and the communities in which we operate seriously.
We define our social responsibility into four key areas:
Marketplace – Responsibility to our guests, suppliers and partners as responsible hoteliers.
Workplace – Commitment to what we regard as our most valuable resource: our colleagues.
Environment – Doing all we can reasonably do to reduce our impact on the environment.
Community – Ensuring that our hotel is an active partner in the community in which we operate.
We are committed to building a culture where our employees, guests, suppliers and contractors recognise our commitment to ensuring that our hotel operates successfully in the community and that we achieve our goal as a company of long-term sustainable success.
As professional hoteliers, we are committed to the highest standards of business
practices towards our guests, suppliers and partners.
- Our services and facilities will, where reasonably practical, be accessible to all, including those with disabilities or special needs.
- All areas of our business will operate a healthy and safe environment for our guests, employees, visitors and contractors.
- We are committed to the personal safety of all guests.
- We are committed to appropriate investment in our property.
- In purchasing we consider ethical and environmental obligations in selecting our suppliers.
- We will not knowingly purchase from any organisation whose products are produced with the exploitation of child labour, paying an unfair wage in poor working conditions or any other violation of worker’s rights.
- We are committed to honesty and transparency in our communication with customers and espouse industry best-practice in advertising and marketing activities.
We recognise the value and importance of our colleagues. Our employment policies not only comply with all relevant legislation, but seek to go beyond that in order to ensure that the working environment within all areas of our business embraces diversity, offers fairness and equality of opportunity in every respect.
The key employment policies that we refer to include the following:
- Recruitment – Applicants for employment within our business will be assessed fairly, regardless of race, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or religious belief. They will be treated with honesty and respect at every stage of the recruitment process.
- Training and Development – Appropriate training will be offered to all employees in order to assist and empower them within their daily work.
- Remuneration – We will pay a fair wage for a fair day’s work.
- Diversity and Equal Opportunities – All staff will be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their origin or background. We embrace diversity and it is viewed as strength within our business.
- Anti-Discrimination – We have an anti-discrimination ethic and any allegation of discrimination is taken extremely seriously and dealt with accordingly.
- Family Friendly Working Policies – We recognise the importance of all our employees, including those who are working parents and we value and uphold the rights of working parents under current legislation.
- Talent Management – We are keen to develop the potential of our employees and we actively encourage and support all those who demonstrate talent and wish to progress within our organisation.
- Employee Consultation and Internal Communications – Communication with our employees is a priority and we actively seek opportunities to engage with colleagues. We welcome feedback and listen carefully to suggestions.
- Health and Safety in the Workplace – The Health and Safety of our employees is vital and we will make the appropriate investment in equipment and training to ensure that accidents and injuries are avoided. We will provide a safe and pleasant working environment.
Craydawn Pendley Limited actively seeks ways to reduce our impact on the environment and we will work with suppliers, partners and our colleagues to ensure that we all understand the environmental impact of our operations.
- Energy Consumption – Energy consumption is the largest environmental impact of our business and whenever practicable explore initiatives that could reduce our energy consumption.
- Water Society – Often overlooks that water is a scarce resource; we strive to conserve water usage throughout our business.
- Waste Management – We are committed to increasing recycling levels year on year. Waste streams are segregated at the hotels and paper, glass and cardboard are recycled. We continue to work with suppliers to reduce the excess packaging and increase the use of recycled cardboard and reusable delivery trays wherever possible.
- Responsible Purchasing – We ask that our suppliers have environmentally aware goals and have their own environmental policies in place. Wherever practical, we purchase products made from renewable and ethically sound sources.
We aim to exceed the minimum standards our business is required to achieve by environmental legislation. We recognise that people are key to our environmental success and all employees are
encouraged to be environmentally responsible.
We recognise and value the community that we operate within. As a successful and progressive hotel business we wish to interact with and support these diverse communities wherever possible. Our commitment to the community includes supporting local charities, forming and maintaining links with local sports clubs, schools and colleges for work experience placements and assisting employees that wish to volunteer to assist local community projects where appropriate.